Great Dealer Profits: Risky Business

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Risky Business

To receive mor articles like this click on the link above.


Long time no see.

How have things been going?

The last time we "spoke" it was about the subject of grooming your
business. I mentioned to that I did not want to get into that subject at that time. You see when I made that statement I was thinking about some moderate risk involved in giving you the impression that not dealing with people he would rather not deal with might be an option.
I think I was wrong to think that way. Whenever it comes to risk, you need to weigh both ends of the equation. The bigger risk that I would be taking, would not be telling you. I would risk not exposing you to one of the biggest benefits of prospecting the I have personally experienced. This benefit is shared with many others who have become successful in their businesses.

So let's take a step further and think about the risks involved in prospecting itself.
Let me see, what are some of the risks?
1. I suppose our investment in time could be considered a risk.
2. Then there's the risk of offending someone.
3. About the risk of embarrassment.
4. Or the risk of feeling foolish when you're prospecting and someone catches an up on the floor.
5. And here's the whopper, what about the risk of realizing that you have them taking a wrong approach to your business.
I think we'll stop and talk about the whoever. It is just human nature to guard and protect our "rightness" about ourselves and what we do for a living. I mean, after all, if we can't be right about ourselves what else can we possibly be right about? Overcoming this natural tendency of humans so you can explore new techniques and become successful is very risky. I will never diminish that fact. It is so risky in fact, that many people fear it to the point of paralysis. What are some of the symptoms of this paralysis? Well they might come out at statements that sound like this "I tried that, it will never work"; "I just can't seem to get the hang of this"; "I don't quite have the perfected yet" and on and on. The term psychologist use for this is, creative avoidance. Some of the symptoms are the phrases you just read, or their close cousins. Slovenly work is another one. Inefficiencies, inability to schedule, filling one's time with busy work are examples of others.

Real quickly, let's take a look at that busy work. I mean really, if we are not in the process of getting onto new business, building relationships, satisfying customers, the act of selling a vehicle, or the act of delivering a vehicle, just exactly what are we doing? Take a look at your day see if you are suffering any of the symptoms of the paralysis that will render you unable to create the wealth that you should in this business. Whenever you find yourself not being productive you are cheating yourself and your potential customers. You're cheating yourself out of the income that you deserve and all that goes with it. You're cheating your customers from being served by a professional consultant who can help them feel good about one of the biggest investments they make.
You probably don't remember this but one of Dombecky's quotes went something like this "It's what you do when you think you have nothing to do, that will make you all the money you can spend, in this business".
So, there you have it. You have all the tools necessary to be a huge success in this business. All you need to do is pick them up and use them.
More coming next time.
Your pal, Curt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home