Great Dealer Profits: Think for them

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Think for them

To receive more articles like this, click on the title link above.

Wow, just back from two service consultant seminars in the title cities. I had not been to either city before. Both were outstanding. It was not very suprising to me that we often come to the conclusion that in the process of selling needed services on our customers' vehicles that we satisfy them as well.
Why no suprise? I mean let's face it we are always hearing or reading about people being taken advantage of in service facilities.
But, let's analyze what a customer really is looking for when they do buisness with any facility.
1) Someone who cares about them and their vehicle.
2) Someone they can trust.
3) Someone who is knowledgeable.
4) Someone who takes the three above and gives them the best advice on how to spend their time and money.
If we take a look at the last point above, maybe how to budget their time and money would be more accurate. I have never met someone that had so much of either that they did not have to make choices.
Here is a good example that should bring what I am talking about into focus.
My service consultant recommended that we rotate my tires last June. This was not unusual, but the reason was. He said that it looked like the tires on the front wheels were a little worse off than the other two. We would put those in the back and then when winter got here we would take the replace the worst two tires and put the new ones on the drive wheels for the winter.
Wow, I thought. This guy really carse about my vehicle and my money and my time. Of course, guess what time it is? You betcha. Time to buy my two new tires. And guess who as a real easy tire sale? Right again, that service consultant who showed he cares. What really was important to me was that I did not have to think about caring for my tires or the rest of the car for that matter. The biggest benifit of how he takes care of my vehicle is that I do not need to spend anything other than time to take it in and the money to have that work done.
For old Curt that is a huge benefit of doing business with that dealership. Thought free car care.
Think about yourself and what your loyalty factor would be if someone cared for you in any aspect of your life to the point where you would just have to show up and pay the bill. When you think about it, those are the easy parts of doing buisness if the rest is something that you can trust to an expert. Be a professional consultant and watch your life change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home